The Young Researchers’ Forum of the DAGM aims to promote young scientists. It supports outstanding scientific achievements at the Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Diploma degree level in the fields represented by the DAGM. Students in these fields are given the opportunity to visit the annual conference GCPR and present their work there.
Since 2016, a Best Master’s Thesis Award has been granted. In addition, some travel grants are offered for outstanding students who have completed their Bachelor's degree.
Best Master’s Thesis Award: financial award of 500 euros
Graduates are invited to submit the results of their Master’s or Diploma thesis to this year's GCPR. The scientific criteria of the normal GCPR submission are valid, but the graduate should be the first author of the paper. Collective authorship with advisors is allowed. For reasons of comparability, the paper should only reflect the results of the Master’s or Diploma thesis, but should not include more recent results that were achieved thereafter. The GCPR submission will be labeled as a YRF contribution, and it will be evaluated separately during the review. On the basis of the scientific excellence of the submission, the best paper will be granted a "Best Master's Thesis Award" by the Program Committee of the respective GCPR and the Technical Committee of the DAGM, which comes with a financial award of 500 euros.
Conditions for participation are:
- Graduates at the Master’s and Diploma degree level who graduated at a university in Germany, Austria, or Switzerland after July 10, 2020 can submit a thesis.
- Deadline: The respective GCPR submission deadlines apply
(See https://dagm-gcpr.de/ Dates)
- Payment of the conference fee according to the guidelines of the respective GCPR
As supplementary material (zip up to 5 MB or link), the applicant additionally submits
- pdf version of the Master’s thesis
- copy of the Master's certificate
- declaration stating that the contents of the submission correspond to the Master’s thesis
- letter of the advisor supporting the submission and stating that the thesis is excellent
YRF travel grant for students before the Master’s degree
Outstanding Bachelor graduates and enrolled Master students with an interest in the DAGM / GCPR fields of work and relevant academic achievements can apply for a travel grant to this year's GCPR. The selected applicants will receive a free full conference registration, a grant for the most economical travel route, and accommodation at the venue up to an amount of 500 euros of documented costs.
Bachelor graduates or enrolled Master students who have not completed their Master’s thesis can apply. Applicants are selected according to academic excellence (documented by Bachelor's certificate and ECTS credits) and according to the relevant orientation to the GCPR (documented by the recommendation of a professor).
Send the application documents as a pdf by August 1, 2021 per email to yrf(at)dagm.de with
- applicant’s letter of motivation to visit GCPR
- copy of Bachelor's certificate with transcript of records and ECTS credits
- separate recommendation of the professor
- CV documenting the applicant's academic career
The selection will be announced before August 15, 2021.