The Young Researchers’ Forum of the DAGM aims to promote young scientists. It supports outstanding scientific achievements at the Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Diploma degree level in the fields represented by the DAGM. Students in these fields are given the opportunity to visit the annual conference GCPR and present their work there.
Since 2016, a Best Master’s Thesis Award has been granted. In addition, some travel grants are offered for outstanding students who have completed their Bachelor's degree.
Best Master’s Thesis Award: financial award of 500 euros
Graduates are invited to submit the results of their Master’s or Diploma thesis to this year's GCPR. The scientific criteria of the normal GCPR submission are valid, but the graduate should be the first author of the paper. Collective authorship with advisors is allowed. For reasons of comparability, the paper should only reflect the results of the Master’s or Diploma thesis, but should not include more recent results that were achieved thereafter. The GCPR submission will be labeled as a YRF contribution, and it will be evaluated separately during the review. On the basis of the scientific excellence of the submission, the best paper will be granted a "Best Master's Thesis Award" by the Program Committee of the respective GCPR and the Technical Committee of the DAGM, which comes with a financial award of 500 euros.
Conditions for participation are:
- Graduates at the Master’s and Diploma degree level who graduated at a university in Germany, Austria, or Switzerland after July 10, 2020 can submit a thesis.
- Deadline: The respective GCPR submission deadlines apply
(See https://dagm-gcpr.de/ Dates)
- Payment of the conference fee according to the guidelines of the respective GCPR
As supplementary material (zip up to 5 MB or link), the applicant additionally submits
- pdf version of the Master’s thesis
- copy of the Master's certificate
- declaration stating that the contents of the submission correspond to the Master’s thesis
- letter of the advisor supporting the submission and stating that the thesis is excellent